The FDA's 17-member Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, or VRBPAC, will meet Thursday to discuss Pfizer and German partner BioNTech’s vaccine candidate and they will then vote on whether or not the FDA should authorize the shot.
The FDA, while it isn't required to follow the committee's recommendation, often does. The FDA will convene following the panel to make an official decision on the vaccine. So far, the United Kingdom and Canada have authorized the vaccine.
Cramer expressed frustration with the FDA's timeline for emergency authorization. "I think it’s really bad that Canada started doing this before we did... a week is a lot of [deaths]."
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays