The company said the acquisition "will further extend the leadership of Qualcomm Snapdragon platforms, and positions Snapdragon as the preferred platform for the future of connected computing."
Cristiano Amon, Qualcomm president and CEO-Elect, said in a statement that "5G, the convergence of computing and mobile architectures, and the expansion of mobile technologies into other industries are significant opportunities for Qualcomm."
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jim Cramer Thinks Bank Earnings Will Surprise to the Upside
- The Cannabis Outlook Under Biden and a Democratic-Led Congress
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- How Jim Cramer Picks Retail Stocks in 2021