The Federal Trade Commission and a coalition of states have filed an antitrust lawsuit against Facebook, saying that the company engaged in anticompetitive behavior to maintain a monopoly position in personal social networking.
The FTC's case was brought in coordination with attorneys general from 46 states, the District of Columbia, and Guam.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, in a post to employees, wrote the company's acquisitions of Instagram and WhatsApp "have dramatically improved those services and helped them reach many more people.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays