Cameron J. Colvin, former pro NFL athlete, is now a venture capitalist and real estate investor. He tells Kitco News his story; from a rookie with the NFL to a business mogul, he shared that many of his lessons learned from the football field can be applied to business.
On entrepreneurship, Colvin said that there really is only one trait that sets successful business owners apart.
"Fearless. You have to be fearless as an entrepreneur. You have to be able to take the closest people to you not believing in you, and that takes a different kind of character in someone," Colvin told Kitco News.
More from Kitco News:
- We Could See $1,340 Gold in a Heartbeat
- Glass Ceiling For Precious Metals To Crack This Year
- It's Not Volatile, It's a Bubble, Says Peter Schiff on the Economy
- $1,320 Gold May Be In The Cards
- Gold Prices Are Officially Back Says This Expert
This article is commentary by an independent contributor. At the time of publication, the author held TK positions in the stocks mentioned.