Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin look like the future of consumer payments, precious-metals expert David Yoe Williams says.
"Is it going to happen today or tomorrow? No, I don't think so. But are we moving towards that? ... I think very much so," Williams said during TheStreet's August Trading Strategies roundtable.
The expert said bitcoin and the like sit at an important crossroads of several key investing trends. "[When] you're talking about cryptocurrency, you're talking about Millennials and kids and the future and technology and that kind of stuff," Williams said.
You can watch our full August Trading Strategies roundtable here. Or, check out more of our columnists' August advice at:
- You Must Avoid Amazon Just in Case It's the Next RadioShack
- Why I Love Nvidia, Lam Research and a Dozen Other Stocks
- The Red-Hot S&P 500 Could Possibly Crater 10% in a Week This Month, Again
- Gold and Bitcoin Look Ready to Heat Up
- Don't Expect the U.S. Dollar to Be Hot This Summer
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.