Several media reports have suggested that he has been in hot water with Chinese government after his controversial speech in Shanghai in late October 2020, where he criticized China's financial system.
Next thing we know, in the first week of November, Shanghai Stocks Exchange suspended Ant Group's IPO. This had a direct hit at Alibaba's shares, as Ant Group is an affiliate of Alibaba Group.
Jack Ma, 56, is fond of public appearances and his disappearance from the limelight was quickly noticed.
The last time he tweeted was on Oct. 10, 2020, when he expressed his happiness in being one of the members of The Earthshot Prize Council. It's a list of high profile people who are "committed to championing positive action in the environmental space."
Jack Ma has an amazing rags to riches story, which is why he appeals to many.
Rather than his successes, Ma often discusses his failures. Ma famously said that when KFC came to his city, he was the only one of 24 applicants to not get a job.
Watch the video above to know more.
2020’s Most Popular Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tesla Stock: Jim Cramer Explains What Wall Street Still Can't Understand
- Jim Cramer Talks Stimulus Checks, Markets, and His Top Stock Picks
- How Markets Navigated 2020 'Storm:' Winners and Losers
- 5 Coolest Auto Reveals of 2020
- How to Know When a Stock Bottoms Out on Bad News
- Airbnb Lifts IPO Pricing to $60, Looking to Raise $3 Billion
- Jim Cramer Eyeing Similarities to Dot-Com Bubble but Still Buying Opportunities
- Look Out for These Changes to Social Security and Medicare in 2020