Over the weekend, bitcoin topped $34,000 and this after hitting $30,000 for the first time.
As the cryptocurrency sells off Monday, Jim Cramer said he plans to hold onto the bitcoin he has after taking out his cost-basis.
"I bought it more as an asset than a trade," Cramer said. "I'm not doing anything I wouldn't do with a stock."
Cramer added that he would look to buy more bitcoin if ever returns to his entry point of around $14,000.
2020’s Most Popular Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tesla Stock: Jim Cramer Explains What Wall Street Still Can't Understand
- Jim Cramer Talks Stimulus Checks, Markets, and His Top Stock Picks
- How Markets Navigated 2020 'Storm:' Winners and Losers
- 5 Coolest Auto Reveals of 2020
- How to Know When a Stock Bottoms Out on Bad News
- Airbnb Lifts IPO Pricing to $60, Looking to Raise $3 Billion
- Jim Cramer Eyeing Similarities to Dot-Com Bubble but Still Buying Opportunities
- Look Out for These Changes to Social Security and Medicare in 2020