AstraZeneca's (AZN) vaccine candidate--which has been approved in countries such as the United Kingdom and South Africa, but has not been approved in the U.S.-- has been shown to be not as effective against the South African variant according to a study.
In response, South Africa has halted the rollout of AstraZeneca's COVID-19 vaccine.
But what does this mean for the overall vaccine rollout and how could it impact investors?
Recap TheStreet Live: Everything Jim Cramer Is Watching Monday
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What the New Reality of Shopping Means for Superstores & Consumers
- What Is the Super Bowl Indicator?
- How Do You Short a Stock?
- What Is Happening to GameStop Stock? Jim Cramer Explains