House Democrats passed President Joe Biden’s $1.75 trillion social spending bill by 220 to 213 votes on Friday.
The Build Back Better Act now heads to the Senate, where it is likely to be revised.
The White House says that this Act will lower the costs of elder care, health care and housing.
Highlights of the Current Version of the Bill:
- Free universal preschool for all 3 and 4-year old
- 4 weeks of federal paid family and medical leave
- Extension of pandemic-era child tax credits
- Extension of pandemic-era Affordable Care Act subsidies
- New hearing benefits for Medicare beneficiaries
- $555 billion to combat climate change
- Raising the cap on state and local tax deduction from $10,000 to $80,000