Alibaba's (BABA) - Get Report shares have plummeted ever since Shanghai Stocks Exchange suspended Ant Group's IPO, which would have become the world's biggest IPO.
To make the matter worse for Jack Ma, founder of the company, several news media have reported that China has ordered the company to "return to its origins," which means it should focus only on its digital payment platform.
Alibaba is a household name, but for many, but Ant Group still sounds new. So, what exactly is Ant Group?
Well, Ant Group is a fintech giant and affiliate of Alibaba Group. The company was formerly known as Ant Financial.
While talking to Think Business, Ant Group’s Executive Chairman Eric Jing, said that the company got its name because ants represent “little guys, meaning ordinary individuals.”
Besides online payment, the company also deals with insurance products, loans, microfinance services, wealth management and more.
Watch the video above to know more.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jim Cramer Gives Investors Two Unique Stock Pick Ideas
- Will a Split Congress Lead to Major Market Gains in 2021?
- Biggest Shopping Days of the Year in the U.S.
- The Workplace is Changing: What That Means for Your Retirement
- The 'Motherhood Penalty' Can Unfairly Lower Your Social Security Benefit
- How to Manage Divorce or Separation in Retirement