TheStreet's founder and Action Alerts PLUS Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer called Morgan Stanley's Monday downgrade of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) - Get Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Report "very substantial."
The analysts downgraded AMD shares to underweight from equalweight and moved their price target down to $8 from $11. From Friday's close of $11.84, the price target would imply more than 32% downside.
Analyst Joseph Moore was behind the downgrade, saying he has been "somewhat cynical" on AMD thanks to its valuation, but had previously maintained his equal weight rating because his earnings estimates were above consensus estimates.
AMD shares are down 1.3% since the start of the year.
Watch all of Jim Cramer's latest videos, right here:
- Watch: Jim Cramer Says Lennar Is a Buy
- Watch: Jim Cramer Reacts to General Motors' Downgrade by Goldman Sachs
- Video: Jim Cramer Breaks Down the Case for Cutting Macy's Dividend
- Watch: Jim Cramer Applauds Constellation Brands' Stake in Cannabis Company
- Video: Jim Cramer Reveals What to Watch in Under Armour's Results Tuesday