Under a new partnership with Alphabet Inc.'s (GOOGL) - Get Alphabet Inc. Class A Report Google, Walmart (WMT) - Get Walmart Inc. Report will allow shoppers to make purchases through the voice-activated device Google Home, the Google Express app or its website. A Google assistant, which is tantamount to an online personal shopper, will be assigned to each customer to fulfill the order and set it up to be delivered to their homes.
"I think this gives us a look into the future of shopping, yes," Walmart president and CEO of U.S. eCommerce Marc Lore told TheStreet in an interview. "I think with the advancements in artificial intelligence voice ordering will get better over time."
Don't miss these top stories on TheStreet:
- The Federal Reserve Will Have an Insane $10 Trillion in Assets, Top Expert Warns
- We Might Have Unlocked the Secret Behind Amazon's Big Deal for Whole Foods
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 8 to Be Unveiled Wednesday - Here's What You Need to Know
- Walmart Should Merge With Microsoft to Blow Away Amazon: REWIND
- How Wells Fargo Bought Millions in Services From an Independent Director's Firm