This is what you need to know before markets open:
1. HSBC Group plc (HSBC) - Get HSBC Holdings Plc Report posted stronger-than-expected first half earnings Monday and launched an additional $2 billion share buyback program as Europe's biggest bank continues to see firmer growth in Asian markets.
2. Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR) - Get Charter Communications, Inc. Class A Report isn't interested in Sprint Corp.'s (S) - Get SentinelOne, Inc. Class A Report proposal, the company said in a statement to the Wall Street Journal Sunday.
3. Snapchat parent company's 150-day lockup period expires and up to 400 million shares are eligible flood the market, which is expected to put the stock under pressure
5. U.S. stock futures were rising Monday, July 31, and European shares traded higher following a record closing high for the Dow Jones Industrial Average to end last week and ahead of a busy week for earnings reports, including a report from tech giant Apple Inc. undefined
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Here Are the Top Stocks to Give as Gifts
- Inside Crystal Cruises' Mind Blowing Boeing 777 Private Jet That Seats Only 84 People
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Full of Jokes During Model 3 'Handover Party'
- Will Your Next iPhone Be 'Made in the USA?'
- What Could You Buy With What Johnny Depp Spends in a Month