This is what you need to know before the bell:
1. Investors react to shock U.K. election result. The pound dropped sharply to multi-month lows against the dollar and the euro
2. Yahoo! (YHOO) shareholders approve the company's sale of its core internet business to Verizon. Yahoo! expects that the deal will close on June 13 2017
3. Jean-Claude Juncker says the U.S. is "no longer interested in guaranteeing Europe's security". The European Commission President followed up by saying the bloc had to push for more defense on its own
4. China's producer price inflation eased for the third straight month in May. Profits in the country have been squeezed by falling domestic demand & rising financial costs
5. Catalonia, Spain's biggest & richest region, will hold an independence referendum in October. The vote will defy the verdict made by the federal government in Madrid's verdict that the vote is illegal
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.