Wages could finally pick up steam in 2018, according to Danielle DiMartino Booth, former Federal Reserve adviser and author of Fed Up: An Insider's Take on Why the Federal Reserve is Bad for America.
Booth was a panelist on TheStreet's monthly Trading Strategies roundtable, which also featured:
- Stephen Guilfoyle, co-manager of TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 model portfolio, author of our daily Market Recon column and a former New York Stock Exchange floor trader.
- Jeff Marks, senior portfolio analyst, Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS charitable portfolio and club for investors.
- Gabriela Santos, global market strategist, J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
A host of major companies including Southwest Airlines (LUV) - Get Report , American Airlines (AAL) - Get Report , Comcast (CMCSA) - Get Report and AT&T (T) - Get Report announced plans to award employees with a $1,000 bonus amid the recently passed corporate tax cuts.
More From TheStreet:
- Jim Cramer: This Jobs Report Was Disappointing
- Video: Here Is What to Expect From the Federal Reserve in 2018
- Jim Cramer: Are You Ready for a 10% Market Correction?
- New Year's Resolution: Become a Millionaire Even if You Make $35,000 a Year