E-Cigarettes are now the most commonly used form of tobacco among young people in the U.S. Vaping surpassed conventional cigarettes use in 2014. The biggest increase in use has been among middle and high school students where use has tripled in the past five years. CDC Director Tom Frieden says, "e-cigarette companies appear to be using many of the advertising tactics the tobacco industry used to persuade a new generation of young people to use their products."
60 Second Tips onTheStreet:
- 60 Second Tips: Here are Stocks to Give as Gifts
- 60 Second Tips: Navigating Financial Aid
- 60 Second Tips: Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- 60 Second Tips: Do You Need Long Term Care Insurance?
- 60 Second Tips: How to Re-Enter the Workforce as a Retiree
- 60 Second Tips: Best Return on Your College Investment
- 60 Second Tips: Why Your Dream Job Might Not Be Advertised Online
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.