The U.K. watchdog has cleared the path for Standard Life's (SLFPD) acquisition of Aberdeen Asset Management.
The tie up will cost Standard Life £11 billion and will create the country's biggest listed asset manager.
The decision comes after shareholders backed the acquisition.
The two sides expect the deal to be completed on August 14.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- George Clooney's Casamigos Bought In Billion Dollar Deal
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- This Is Why Relying Solely on Passive Investing Could Ruin Your Portfolio
- A Timeline of Uber's Recent Struggles
- Lions Gate Founder and Mining Mogul Giustra 'Dabbling' in Bitcoin
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.