"It's a difficult time right now, but when isn't it a difficult time?" asked Stephen "Sarge" Guilfoyle, a former NYSE trader and panelist on TheStreet's latest Trading Strategies roundtable.
While saying that you should stay in financials in the current environment, Guilfoyle noted a buying opportunity if the market sees a lift. "If the economy does better, you're going to want to be in industrial and materials," Guilfoye said.
Watch more clips from July's Trading Strategies: How to Play a Risky Second Half:
- July Trading Strategies: How to Navigate a Risky Second Half
- Why I Hate Bank Stocks: Peter Tchir
- U.S. Dollar Could Fall Another 20%
- Why This Summer Will Stay Quiet
- Systematic Issues Could Come Home to Roost in the Second Half
- The Story of the Weaker Dollar Will Continue
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.