The Future of Cargo Transportation
Toyota (TM - Get Report) unveils its Zero Emissions Semi Truck. The auto company collaborated with Paccar the parent company of Kenworth to build the new class 8 semi truck Watch the video above to see it in action. It was developed using new fuel cell technology. You won't have to wait a few years to see this in action, Toyota already has on the road. They've exceeded 10,000 miles of cargo transportation and they are working with the state of California as well as the port operations.
So, what's next? The company plans to produce 10 more vehicles for later in this year.
Cars, Robots, The Voice Assistant Wars and More
TheStreet's Eric Jhonsa is at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
- Read: 7 Key Things to Watch for as CES Gets Underway
- Read: Intel Announces New Chips for PCs, AI and 5G Base Stations at CES
- Read: Google Announces New Maps, Travel and Translation Features for Assistant at CES
CES by the Numbers
The Consumer Technology Association (CTA), which owns and produces the show, shared some stats about the world's largest technology show that is underway in Las Vegas.
- Attendance expected: 182,000
- Exhibiting companies: 4,400
- Speakers: 1,000