Here's everything you need to know before Tuesday's opening bell:
- Brett Kavanaugh is President Trump's nominee to replace Justice Kennedy.
- Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) is preparing a new bid for Sky that would value it at about $33.1 billion.
- Takeda (TKPYY) received FTC approval for its $62 billion acquisition of Shire (SHPG) .
- IHOP admitted a name change announced last month was just a publicity stunt to promote its hamburger menu.
- U.S. stock futures rose as investors shifted focus to earnings season.