Here's everything you must know before Wednesday's opening bell:
- Shire (SHPG) said it was willing to recommend a revised $64 billion offer from Takeda Pharmaceutical (TKPYY) .
- Credit Suisse (CS) posted its strongest quarterly earnings in three years as new cash poured into its wealth management division.
- Texas Instruments' (TXN) first quarter profit jumped 37%.
- Investors will analyze earnings from Facebook (FB) , Qualcomm (QCOM) and more.
- U.S. stock futures pointed toward further losses and global stocks slumped.