Social media platform TikTok is collaborating with big names to bring inspirational and informational content during this coronavirus pandemic.
Tyra Banks, José Andrés, Lilly Sing, Neil deGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye will be producing useful and inspiring content on the platform.
Bryan Thoensen, head of content partnerships for TikTok U.S., shared in his blog that they have partnered with over 800 public figures, media publishers, educational institutions, and professional experts.
"Last month, we announced the formation of our $50 million Creative Learning Fund, a key part of our $250 million pledge to support our community during and through this difficult time. The fund supports creators with the production of learning content, provides resources for learners, and introduces emerging teachers to the TikTok platform," he said.
Popular YouTuber and also the host of A Little Late on NBC Lilly Singh, will be creating inspiring content during these times.
“I love to tell stories that have the potential to inspire audiences and make people feel seen and connected, especially in this climate where we are often apart from one another," she said. "TikTok is such an original place on the internet and I'm excited to create content that makes a positive impact, encourages people to learn something new, and just as importantly, I know we could all use some comic relief right now too."
Tiktok, the platform owned by the Chinese tech company ByteDance, is very popular among young people and its popularity has ballooned since the coronavirus pandemic confined everyone at home.
It's worth noting that some TikTok Influencers make more than 50k per post.
- 40 Million and Counting Have Filed for Unemployment Benefits
- Bill Gates Reveals His Five Favorite Books for Summer 2020
- Jim Cramer on Jobless Claims: The Damage Has Been Done
- C-Suite: Blue Apron CEO: Using Stay-at-Home Tailwind to Grow Post-Virus
- Ask Bob: I Was Furloughed. Under the CARES Act, Do I Still Need to Pay My 401(k) Loans?
- Kitco News: How to Invest During Market Havoc
- Webinar: Wealth Planning Strategies For Turbulent Markets