TikTok, the video-sharing app, repeatedly made headlines in 2020. From being banned in India to the legal battle to prevent itself from being banned in the U.S., it has seen a lot.
TikTok's popularity has spawned new competition. Josh is one of them. Dubbed as Indian TikTok, the app is valued at over $1 billion. It's worth mentioning that the parent company of Josh has recently raised over $100 million. Google (GOOGL) - Get Report and Microsoft (MSFT) - Get Report are some of its chief investors.
Kuaishou, the Chinese video-sharing app, which recently went public in Hong Kong Stock Market is another TikTok competitor. Founded in 2011, it has over 769 million monthly active users.
And then there is Clash, an app for video creators to earn money. It was founded in 2020. Its CEO Brendon McNerney once worked for TikTok.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Lauren Simmons - Now Is the Time to Create Generational Wealth for African Americans
- Why Terrell Davis Dove Into Business of CBD - Sport of Money
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Jim Cramer Thinks Bank Earnings Will Surprise to the Upside
- The Cannabis Outlook Under Biden and a Democratic-Led Congress
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- How Jim Cramer Picks Retail Stocks in 2021