Ah, Tiffany & Co. (TIF - Get Report) Who doesn't love the sparkling jewelry? After all, a diamond is a girl's best friend. And the companies founder got it right when he introduced the diamond ring as part of the wedding ritual. Add to that all of the nostalgia captured in classic films like Breakfast and Tiffany's and Sweet Home Alabama.
Tiffany & Co. reports its earnings on Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2018. You can read the latest here. First, watch the video above as TheStreet's Behind the Label takes a closer look at the company's history.
- 1837: Tiffany was founded by Charles Lewis Tiffany and John B. Young in Brooklyn as a 'Stationery and fancy goods emporium."
- 1845: The first mail order catalogue known as the 'Blue Book' was published.
- 1853: Charles Tiffany took control of the store and established an emphasis on jewelry.
- 1886. The diamond wedding ring was introduced.
- 1940. Tiffany's flagship store opened, it was the home of many movies including Breakfast at Tiffany's.
Watch more Behind the Label:
- How Did Intel Get Its Name? Hint: Two Words Blend to Create It
- Chinese Electric Car Company: NIO
- Curious About the History of Salesforce? Here's What Investors Should Know
- Tesla: 15 Years of Automotive History
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- How Alibaba Got to Where It Is Today
- From a Dorm to Silicon Valley: A History of Facebook
- Behind the Stream: A History of Roku