Stocks gained steam in the first half of 2017 thanks to strong earnings and one expert expects a similar boost in the current reporting season.
Brad McMillan, chief investment officer at Commonwealth Financial Network, uses banking earnings as a barometer for the rest of the season and said that even tough bond trading performance was lackluster for Goldman Sachs (GS) - Get Report , Morgan Stanley (MS) - Get Report and Citigroup (C) - Get Report , their underlying businesses are strong.
Watch More From TheStreet
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- T-Mobile's John Legere Is Inarguably One of the More Colorful CEOs on Twitter
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier