This is TheStreet's daily market preview:
1. Shares in Europe and Asia traded higher as tensions eased a day after North Korea launched a missile that traveled over Japan.
3. Gasoline futures prices in the U.S. have risen more than 10% over the past two days to a two-year high as investors counted the cost of Tropical Storm Harvey's devastation, which has taken out the equivalent of more than 3.6 million barrels of refining potential in the Gulf of Mexico region. Key distribution pipelines that take gas and distillate products to markets around the United States also have been hit, although most are still operating under reduced capacity.
5. Earnings reports are expected Wednesday from Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) , Brown-Forman (BF.A) , Five Below (FIVE) - Get Report , Vera Bradley (VRA) - Get Report , Analog Devices (ADI) - Get Report , Box (BOX) - Get Report and Workday (WDAY) - Get Report .
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Having a Social Impact Matters
- You Might Want to Consider Getting Flood Insurance
- Just How Rich Is Joel Osteen?
- Warren Buffett Thinks Apple Is a Consumer Products Story