The clock is ticking for Tesla Inc. (TSLA) - Get Report after it agreed to build the world's largest lithium-ion battery park in South Australia, signing off on a deal to finish the instillation within 100 days or give it away for free.
The deal follows a call for tenders by the Australian state, which has suffered a series of devastating blackout that have left as many as 1.7 million people without power.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Meet The Women Redefining Business in TheStreet's New Series, Alpha Rising
- Why Did Warren Buffet Just Buy A Bankrupt Electric Company?
- EY: No Company Can Afford to Disenfranchise Half the Workforce
- The Clock is Ticking for Tesla's $50 Million Big Battery Bet
- Ford's 23 Year Old Engineer Has Advice For Young Girls
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.