There is perhaps no clearer way to show the growing wage gap and wealth inequality in this country than in the salary of a CEO compared to that of other employees.
According to the EPI, these companies had a CEO-to-employee compensation ratio of 312-to-1. Though this is not the highest that ratio has ever been, it's an exceptionally high ratio, and the fact that CEO salaries are going up so significantly while other workers' wages stagnate is especially troubling.
Watch the video to see which CEO's had the highest compensation in 2017. Here are just a few:
- Hock E. Tan, Broadcom (AVGO - Get Report) Compensation: $103,211,163
- Mario J. Gabelli, GAMCO (GBL - Get Report) Investors Compensation: $69,414,472
- Stephen Kaufer, TripAdvisor (TRIP - Get Report) Compensation: $47,933,462
How do they make this compensation, and what has their tenure looked like? Read Who Are the 9 Highest-Paid CEOs and How Much Do They Make?
- How Did Intel Get Its Name? Hint: Two Words Blend to Create It
- Chinese Electric Car Company: NIO
- Curious About the History of Salesforce? Here's What Investors Should Know
- Tesla: 15 Years of Automotive History
- Behind the Smile: Inside Walmart
- Shopping for History: A Macy's Timeline
- How Alibaba Got to Where It Is Today
- From a Dorm to Silicon Valley: A History of Facebook
- Behind the Stream: A History of Roku
Stocks in this video: (AVGO - Get Report) , (GBL - Get Report) , (TRIP - Get Report) , (FLT - Get Report) , (SRPT - Get Report) , (TREE - Get Report) , (LYV - Get Report) , (VEEV - Get Report) , (FDC - Get Report)