The cost of war is enormous in every sense - but what does that translate to in dollars?
We take a look back at the 5 most expensive wars in U.S. history with price adjusted for inflation.
1. World War II 1941-1945, $4 trillion 2. War on Terror 2001-Present, $1.6 trillion3. Vietnam War 1965-1975, $738 billion4. Korean War 1950-1953 Armistice, $341 billion5. World War I 1917-1918, $334 billion
Watch More with TheStreet:
- This One Thing Might Stand in the Way of $1,300 Gold - Trader
- HBO is Considering Paying 'Bounty Payment' to Hackers Who Stole Game of Thrones Scripts
- Hang On - Hurricane Season Is Getting More Intense
- Jim Cramer Reveals Why Not to Buy Apple's Stock Right Now
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.