It's time to talk about that dreaded subject again. We're talking about taxed. The April 15th deadline is getting closer!
If you haven't filed your taxes just yet, no worries, TheStreet and TurboTax have you covered. We've partnered for an exclusive hour long webinar to answer your most dreaded questions and concerns about taxes.
Our Tracy Byrnes joined TurboTax expert Lisa Greene-Lewis for our exclusive free webinar:The Ultimate Guide to Navigating Tax Reform: Watch Our Free Webinar.
Among the topics? A Tax Preparation Checklist. So, quit procrastinating. Get to it. Here are the top 5 tips from Greene-Lewis.
- The first and foremost she says is " gather all your documents in one place."
- Download this free TurboTax checklist here.
- Place the checklist inside a folder & check off each item as you locate it! Remember, the government needs information like who is filing these taxes. That means you'll need information like your social security and birthdays for you, your spouse and your kids.
- Enter information like your bank routing number for direct deposit it is isn't available on your documents.
- Don't panic. There are still ways you can adjust the amount of income that is taxed. You can read more helpful tips here.
Want more tax advice? Join Turbo Tax's Lisa Greene-Lewis and TheStreet's Tracy Byrnes to discuss 'The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions." Catch the exclusive webinar LIVE on TheStreet.com, Friday, March 29, 2019 at 1 p.m.