Super Bowl LIV is tonight and it's been an NFL season like no other, plagued by Covid-19 concerns and ending with the Kansas City Chiefs squaring off against the Tampa Bay Buccanneers.
The game plays out tonight at 6:30 in the Buccaneer's home territory, Tampa Florida.
Chief's quarterback Patrick Mahomes takes on the older and more seasoned Tom Brady.
Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady By the Numbers
- A Look at Patrick Mahomes' Net Worth
- Stocks Versus Stat: Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Patrick Mahomes or Boeing
- Breaking Down Patrick Mahomes' Historic NFL Contract by the Numbers
- A Look at Tom Brady's Net Worth
This year, there are also many firsts with three female coaches playing prominent roles in Super Bowl 55.
Super Bowl, Diversity, Female Coach Firsts
Super Bowl 55 will see two female coaches playing prominent roles for the Buccaneers and a woman will officiate the game.
Katie Sowers and Maral Javadifer are coaching for the Buccaneers. Sarah Thomas is the trailblazer officiating the game.
As the NFL continues to push diversity and changes in the organization, there have been other milestones beyond the Super Bowl.
Just last week, Jennifer King became the first Black female coach in the NFL. Watch the video above to learn more about her.
TheStreet Video Series: Black History, Wall Street and Beyond
TheStreet is taking this month to amplify voices from the African-American community that sometimes fall through the cracks. Watch more below from TheStreet's Special Report: Black History, Wall Street & Beyond:
TheStreet's Tony Owusu speaks with CEOs running minority-owned private equity firms to better understand How to Break Diversity Barriers on Wall Street. Plus, TheStreet's Anuz Thapa has a series of interviews focusing on the next generation of leaders on and off Wall Street. Watch the videos below:
- The Hidden History of Wall Street's Slave Market
- Lauren Simmons - Now Is the Time to Create Generational Wealth for African Americans
- What Kamala Harris' Achievement Means for Black & Asian Americans
- How to Break Diversity Barriers on Wall Street
- What Diversity Means for a Company's Bottom-Line: Al Roker
- Why Terrell Davis Dove Into Business of CBD - Sport of Money
- Here's How Diversity Improves Corporate Balance Sheets: Jim Cramer