ATM fees are now nearly 5% of every $100 you withdraw, according to Bankrate.com's annual study of checking accounts throughout the U.S.
Even worse, the average total cost of an out-of-network ATM withdrawal is now $4.69. That's at an 11 year high!
The good news is you don't have to pay these uber high fees.
So try to plan ahead the next time you need to hit the ATM. Go to your bank's machine to avoid all these fees.
If you are not near one of your bank's ATMs, call them and see if they'll waive their out-of-network fees. If not you need to find another back.
So listen in to find out which ones have lower fees.
Watch More 60 Second Tips onTheStreet:
- Drowning in Debt? Here's How to Get Above Water
- How to Re-Enter the Workforce as a Retiree
- Navigating Financial Aid
- Questions to Ask Before Marriage
- Why Your Dream Job Might Not Be Advertised Online
- Here's How You Can Help Your Toddler Retire a Millionaire
- Do You Need Long Term Care Insurance?
- Best Return on Your College Investment