This is a market update from TheStreet.com.
U.S. stocks gained Tuesday. In recent action, the S&P 500 index rose 17 points, or 0.5%, to 3,298. The Nasdaq Composite Index rose 76 points, or 0.7%, to 10,854.
Among major market indicators, U.S. 10-Year treasury yields were flat at 0.67%.
West Texas intermediate oil rose $0.39, or 1%, to $40 a barrel.
Gold rose $2, or 0.1%, to $1,915 an ounce.
For more market news and information, please visit TheStreet.com.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- What to Expect from Tesla's Battery Day
- Tesla's Musk to Employees: Floor It Into the Third Quarter
- Microsoft's Biggest Acquisitions
- Why Jim Cramer Says Tesla's Battery Day Is 'Very Bullish'
- Jim Cramer Manages Tech Stocks in His Portfolio
- Jim Cramer Adds Nike to His Action Alerts PLUS Portfolio
- Walmart Targets Zero Carbon Emissions by 2040