But that's not the only big news for Tesla. It was also crowned TheStreet's Stock of the Year.
Shares of Tesla are up over 720% in the past year.
When Ark Invest announced a 2024 price target of $7,000 per share of Tesla as their base case, some eyebrows on Wall Street--including mine--furrowed.
However, Ark Invest's price target seems to be on track. If you look at Tesla, which trades around $600 post-split, then pre-split it would be trading around $3,500. Yeah, you read that right. It's not even 2021.
Rob Maurer, host of Tesla Daily, and Jim Cramer joined TheStreet to talk about what catalysts they see for Tesla, what the new factory in Austin means for the company, and when Tesla will stop being a growth story.
Cramer thinks that this company--and the stock--is all about innovation and, to kill that innovation, something huge would have to happen...such as Elon Musk leaving.
Watch the video above for more.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Streaming Isn't Enough to Make Jim Cramer Buy AT&T Stock
- What Stimulus Checks Do and Don’t Mean For Your Taxes
- Time Is Right for Airbnb, DoorDash IPOs, Asset Manager Says
- Drivers of Disruption and Innovation in the PPE Space
- Why Jim Cramer Is Confident on a Vaccine Rollout
- Jim Cramer: How to Balance Stay-At-Home and Return to Normal Plays