Starbucks (SBUX) - Get Report was founded in 1971 and began with one store in Seattle, Washington. Since then it has come a long way and become a global coffee superpower. The company that was founded by three friends that met at university now has over 24,000 stores and 238,000 staff across six continents and 72 countries.
Let's take a look at how Starbucks has changed and expanded over the years.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Carly Fiorina's Advice to Young Women: Don't Let Other People Define You
- You Won't Want to Miss These Moments at Comic-Con 2017
- From Catalogs to Catastrophe: A Sears Timeline
- 60 Second Tips: Navigating Financial Aid
- Chipotle Is Now Off the Radar for 18 Months, Jim Cramer Says
This article was written by a staff member of TheStreet.