What do you do when you conquer everything you have aimed for, on this planet?
Well, you try to aim for space.
That's exactly what these three billionaires - Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson - are doing. Musk's SpaceX, Bezos's Blue Origin and Branson's Virgin Galactic (SPCE) - Get Virgin Galactic Report are racing to be the first company to commercially fly people to space.
Today, we are taking a deep dive into British entrepreneur Branson's Virgin Galactic.
The company has been running for more than 16 years and aims to be flying space tourist soon. If asked, how soon? The answer is still unknown as the company has not revealed anything yet.
Flying people into the space is not a child's play and it obviously has lots of roadblocks. One of the devastating tragedies for the company came in the year 2014 when one of the SpaceShipTwo aircrafts crashed during a test flight killing a pilot onboard in the California desert.
As Branson was flying to California after the incident, he wrote a blog describing it as "one of the most difficult trips I have ever had to make."
"Space is hard - but worth it. We will persevere and move forward together," he said.
The company went public in October 2019 and has been doing well since its debut.
More than 600 people from 60 countries have already bought the tickets to fly to space even though the company hasn't revealed when its aircrafts are ready to fly tourists.
Watch the video above to know more about the history of the company.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Why Dow Fell 1,000 Points And What Analysts Say to Do Now
- Jim Cramer: Look at the Denominator, Not Just the Numerator
- Stressed About the Selloff? How Investors Should Approach Their Portfolios
- How the Coronavirus Is Impacting FAANG Stocks
- What Is Donald Trump’s Net Worth?
- 5 Stocks (And Some Extras) to Add to Your Portfolio
- TheStreet Explains: What is EBITDA and Why Does it Matter?
- Retirement Daily: Don’t Retire With Debt: It’s Bad for Your Well-Being
- Free Webinar: Webinar - Expert Advice on FX/Metals Trading by CME Group