The Republican Party spent Wednesday desperately trying to save its healthcare plan after the GOP's Senate leadership was forced to admit that it doesn't have the votes to repeal and replace Obamacare
Donald Trump met with 49 Republican Senators over lunch to see if it is possible to patch up divides within his own party on this issue. Republicans also sat down with Health & Human Services Secretary Tom Price on Wednesday to discuss how to move forward. The gathering
The gathering took place shortly after news broke that Senator John McCain has been diagnosed with brain cancer. The absence of the veteran Senato from Arizona will add to the Republican Party's woes as it will make it even harder to pass a healthcare bill, as they need every vote possible to pass any reform legislation.
Watch More with TheStreet:
- Leaders Are Made Not Born: Former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina
- Quiz: Where Were Your Favorite Netflix Series Filmed?
- Jim Cramer Has Some Advice for Snap CEO Evan Spiegel
- Shark Tank Star Kevin O'Leary Just Revealed This One Way Entrepreneurs Are Getting Savvier
- Game of Numbers: Do You Have Any Idea How Big Game of Thrones Has Become?