Investors are betting that Planet Fitness (PLNT) - Get Report members will soon be able to get their sweat back on -- in person, and with one another - so long as they stay six feet apart and wipe down what they use after they use it.
Indeed, investors were pumping shares of Planet Fitness higher on Friday on expectations that the gym and fitness chain will be among the first allowed to reopen its doors under President Donald Trump’s phase one recommendations to restart the U.S. economy.
The administration's 18-page guidance document, revealed on Thursday, details three phases to reopen state economies, with each phase lasting, at minimum, 14 days.
Phase one includes much of the current lockdown measures such as avoiding non-essential travel and not gathering in groups, though it says large venues such as restaurants, places of worship and sports venues "can operate under strict physical distancing protocols."
That was enough for investors to push Planet Fitness stock up more than 11% to $55.50 on Friday - on the assumption that the chain and other gyms will be able to open themselves back up - so long as they adhere to the guidelines and protocols.
StreetLightning Videos With Jim Cramer:
- Walmart, Amazon and Costco Are Retail Winners
- Airbnb and the Future of IPOs After the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Jim Cramer Would Buy Tesla Now
- How to Pick Stocks in a Recession
- Don't Own Homebuilder Stocks During Coronavirus
- Zoom Will Recover From This Controversy
- Why Jim Cramer Added Roku to 'Shelter-In-Place' Portfolio
- When Will the Economy Reopen? Jim Cramer Shares His Ideas
- Jim Cramer Likes Apple's New iPhone
- Jim Cramer: Nvidia Is 'Remarkable'
- Jim Cramer's Key to Success During Coronavirus Selloff: Critical Thinking
- Jim Cramer Explains How to Pick Stocks During a Recession
- Jim Cramer: Walmart, Amazon and Costco Are Retail Winners
- Horse Misses the Mark: Top Stories in Sports and Business