Jim Cramer said he will be looking to see if Senator Kamala Harris can make Vice President Pence sweat when the two candidates meet Wednesday.
Vice presidential candidate Harris and current Vice President Pence are set to face off in their first debate on Wednesday, October 7 at 9 P.M. ET.
USA Today’s Susan Page will moderate in the event hosted at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, Utah.
The candidates and moderator will be separated by plexiglass and more than 12 feet of distance from one another. Though an ER doctor interviewed by TheStreet says the current precautions may not be enough.
The debate follows President Donald Trump returning to the White House from Walter Reed Military Medical Center after testing positive for the coronavirus last week and a series of presidential tweets that have left markets questioning the future of fiscal stimulus.
Cramer said that while both candidates have a firm grounding on their respective stances, Roe vs. Wade could serve as a flashpoint in the debate, topically.
“If you get a steady hand from Pence without any hyperbole, Kamala will be blunted,” Cramer said.
Watch Cramer’s full debate preview in the video above.
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Jim Cramer: Shutdowns Make Running NYC Small Business Impossible
- Looking for a FAANG Alternative? Here's Where a Monday.com Investor Finds Value
- PPE and Your Portfolio: Inside a Disruptive Industry
- Jim Cramer: You Have to Sell Movie Theater Stocks
- Don't Try to Price Stocks Around the Election: Here's Why