It seems almost impossible to believe. Nepal's only billionaire has a net worth that is one-eighth of the entire country's annual budget.
Yes, you read right.
Meet 64-year-old Binod Chaudhary.
To learn more about his extraordinary story, TheStreet's Anuz Thapa traveled to Nepal to speak Chaudhary. We learned about his entrepreneurial journey that never included a business school.
"I personally don't believe that the business schools, no matter how well-known they are, necessarily will have the capacity of producing an entrepreneur," said Chaudhary, the chairman of CG Corp Global. "I have always believed that entrepreneurs are born."
You might be wondering how much this self-made billionaire entrepreneur is worth it, right? Let me help you with this.
Nepal has a population of around 27 million with Per Capital Income just above $1000. Its annual budget for the fiscal year 2019/2020 is around $ 13.71 billion whereas Chaudhary's net worth is around $1.7 billion.
He also revealed his success mantra with TheStreet.
" ...Probably one of the reasons why I'm there, I was able to accomplish what I have done in my own humble way was because of my networking skills," he said.
Watch TheStreet's Exclusive Video feature above to learn how Binod Chaudhary's made it big!
Editor's note: this video originally published September 29, 2019
Watch TheStreet’s Most Popular Videos From 2020:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tesla Stock: Jim Cramer Explains What Wall Street Still Can't Understand
- Jim Cramer Talks Stimulus Checks, Markets, and His Top Stock Picks
- How Markets Navigated 2020 'Storm:' Winners and Losers
- 5 Coolest Auto Reveals of 2020
- How to Know When a Stock Bottoms Out on Bad News
- Airbnb Lifts IPO Pricing to $60, Looking to Raise $3 Billion
- Jim Cramer Eyeing Similarities to Dot-Com Bubble but Still Buying Opportunities
- Look Out for These Changes to Social Security and Medicare in 2020
- Jim Cramer on Stock Valuations, Danger of Market Orders on IPOs