Tequila, salt, and lime. If you're a person who drinks alcohol, that's a simple three-ingredient recipe for a very good time.
On National Tequila Day, here are the most popular Tequila brands of 2019, as judged by the number of 9-liter cases sold.
- Jose Cuervo - 7.3 million
- Patron - 2.8 million
- Sauza - 2.2 million
- Don Julio - 1.7 million
- El Jimador - 1.4 million
Fourth-place Don Julio is owned by beverage company Diageo and fifth-place El Jimador is owned by Brown-Forman. In 2019, Don Julio saw its sales increase 14.5%, the most of any major tequila brand.
Tequila sales have been on the rise in 2020 amid the pandemic. According to Nielsen, U.S. tequila sales in April 2020 were up 60% year-over-year.
In 2019, global volume sales of Tequila and mezcal rose by 6.6%, according to Euromonitor International.
TheStreet's Jim Cramer, who owns a Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, New York called Bar San Miguel, has said in the past that he's a big fan of tequila.
"People are saying Guinness vs. whiskey for St. Patrick’s Day—I own Bar San Miguel," Cramer said. "I'm talking about mezcal vs. tequila and I don't care about these other things."
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Jobless Claims Are Heading in the Wrong Direction
- Coronavirus Update: Trump Cancels Jacksonville RNC Convention Activities
- Amazon Prime Day Pushed Back, New Date Not Yet Released
- Twitter Posts Second-Quarter Loss, Though Sees It as Temporary
- What Is Trump’s Economic Plan and How Will it Impact Stocks?
- Walmart Is Paying $428 Million In Bonuses to Its Frontline Workers