Since the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, nurses and health care providers have been applauded for their hard work and tenacity.
And today is National Nurses Day in the United States.
Companies in the U.S.—in an effort to show their appreciation for the selfless services these health workers provide—are giving away freebies and heavy discounts today. Some companies have even extended their appreciation for the entire week.
National Nurses Week ends with the celebration of International Nurses Day, which falls on May 12.
“As a brand with a long heritage of serving those who serve, we appreciate and honor the heroic work and unwavering commitment nurses and healthcare professionals show every day. Their selfless sacrifices inspire all of us to come together to do everything we can to support our communities," said Dave Hoffmann, CEO of Dunkin’ Brands. "We want people on the frontlines to know that we have their backs and they can count on Dunkin’ to help keep them running."
"We've seen firsthand how real food can go a long way in lifting the spirits of our country's incredibly resilient healthcare community," said Chris Brandt, Chipotle Chief Marketing Officer. "We're excited to give fans another opportunity to support our heroes by simply naming their burrito."
Watch the video above to see what other companies are doing to honor America's nurses and frontline workers.
- Jim Cramer: It's Not Too Late to Sell
- Why Shake Shack Shares Are Rising After Earnings
- Apple Updates Its 13-Inch MacBook Pro with New Features
- Looking for a Job? These Sectors Are Hiring Amid the Coronavirus
- TheStreet Explains: What's the Difference Between WTI and Brent Crude Oil?
- Kitco News: Gold Still Has Room to Go Higher; Upside Is 'Unlimited'
- Jim Cramer's 5 Books to Read During the Coronavirus Pandemic