Millennials, known for their delayed entry into the housing market due to a host of financial pressures, are buying more small appliances than baby boomers.
That's according to Hamilton Beach Brands Holding (HBB) CEO Greg Trepp. He said more and more millennials are moving into homes and getting married -- two key factors that lead to the purchase of small appliances.
Trepp expects voice activation features on small appliances to enter the market in a bigger way over time, but said the market is focused on traditional features that coffee makers and blenders have long maintained.
More From TheStreet:
- Economy Sheds 33,000 Jobs in September, but Wage Growth Tops Estimates
- Everything You Need to Know About Getting Rich From Exchange Traded Funds
- How Nelson Peltz Wins Even If He Doesn't Score a Procter & Gamble Board Seat
- Trading Strategies: A Dovish Dollar in October Will Push Stocks Higher
- Trading Strategies: Will the Market's Upward Momentum Continue Into October?