Millennials, known for their delayed entry into the housing market due to a host of financial pressures, are buying more small appliances than baby boomers.
That's according to Hamilton Beach Brands Holding (HBB) - Get Report CEO Greg Trepp. He said more and more millennials are moving into homes and getting married -- two key factors that lead to the purchase of small appliances.
Trepp expects voice activation features on small appliances to enter the market in a bigger way over time, but said the market is focused on traditional features that coffee makers and blenders have long maintained.
More From TheStreet:
- Economy Sheds 33,000 Jobs in September, but Wage Growth Tops Estimates
- Everything You Need to Know About Getting Rich From Exchange Traded Funds
- How Nelson Peltz Wins Even If He Doesn't Score a Procter & Gamble Board Seat
- Trading Strategies: A Dovish Dollar in October Will Push Stocks Higher
- Trading Strategies: Will the Market's Upward Momentum Continue Into October?