Revenue of $24.7 billion topped estimates of $24.3 billion.
Sales from is cloud product Azure grew 97% year over year. Intelligent Cloud revenue stood at $7.4 billion, up 11% year over year.
LinkedIn revenue, which Microsoft owns, stood at $1.1 billion for the quarter.
Watch More From TheStreet:
- Sears' Kenmore Products on Amazon Is Hurting Home Depot, Jim Cramer Explains
- Consuelo Mack: There Are Many More Women Getting Into Financial Journalism
- Chipotle May Not Recover Until 2019 After Latest Health Scare
- 60 Second Tips: How to Re-Enter the Workforce as a Retiree
- Gold Charts Looking "Fantastic" as Metal Notches 3-Week High - RJO Futures
- Closing Bell: Nasdaq at Records for Day Three; S&P 500 Loses Out on Gains