MGM Doubles Down on Reopening More Vegas Hotels

Author:
Publish date:
Video Duration:
1:49

MGM Resorts International (MGM) - Get Report is doubling down on its bet that it's now safe to reopen its Las Vegas properties following more than two months of being forced to shut down amid the coronavirus outbreak.

In a statement, MGM said it was prepping to open the Luxor hotel as well as the Shoppes at Mandalay Bay Place on June 25 at 10 a.m. PT and the Aria hotel at 10 a.m. after what executives described as a “strong opening weekend.”

It is also gearing up to open its Mandalay Bay and Four Seasons Las Vegas hotels at 11 a.m. PT on July 1.

The coronavirus-induced closures that kept Las Vegas and its hotels and casinos dark for more than two months formally ended at 12:01 a.m. PT last Thursday with the reopening of MGM’s Bellagio, New York-New York and MGM Grand and The Signature casinos.

"It was exciting and emotional to see the energy in Las Vegas last week as we welcomed back our employees and reopened our doors to guests for the first time in months," MGM acting CEO Bill Hornbuckle said in a statement.

Wynn Resorts (WYNN) - Get Report, Las Vegas Sands (LVS) - Get Report and Caesars Entertainment (CZR) - Get Report also unlocked their doors last week.

Watch More of the Latest Videos from TheStreet and Jim Cramer