Your daily newspaper will increasingly be exposed to a phenomenon called megaclustering.
"Megaclustering is putting together multiple dailies under one regional company," said TheStreet's media columnist Ken Doctor.
As newspaper companies struggle to boost revenues, they are resorting to buying up properties and consolidating expenses, hence the rise of megaclustering.
More of What's Trending on TheStreet:
- Birchbox Revolutionized How We Buy Beauty Products
- 10 Sexy Wall Street Terms That Sound Extra Dirty
- Amazon Could Be Most Valuable Company on the Planet and Basically Crush Everyone Alive
- Trump Just Resurrected the Ugly Practice Known as Civil Forfeiture for No Reason
- 60 Second Tips: Best Return on Your College Investment