As part of TheStreet's rulebook for navigating the 2020 presidential election, Action Alerts PLUS senior analyst Jeff Marks joined a panel of experts giving their best tips for expected volatility.
Marks said that if you plan to stay in the markets, which he would suggest and plans to do himself, focus on names that have nothing to do with the headlines, which is where Marvell comes in.
Currently, Marvell's lead business is 5G networking.
Marks said the 5G cycle is coming regardless of the winner of the election. Marvell also stands to benefit from its exposure to secular trends including cloud data center and automotive ethernet, Marks said.
I would say if you're trying to protect around the election, and thwart off some volatility, keep your game plan and hold some cash if you're nervous. And go for those high quality names that are really indifferent to what happens election night," Marks said.
For more from Marks as well as Real Money expert contributors Bob Lang and Chris Versace, WATCH: 5 Election Rules to Protect Your Portfolio
Latest Videos From TheStreet and Jim Cramer:
- Jim Cramer Says Earnings Pinpoint Stocks to Buy With or Without Stimulus
- PPE and Your Portfolio: Inside a Disruptive Industry
- PPE in the Ring: How O2 Industries Partnered With UFC
- PPE and the Supply Chain: How O2 Industries Adapted During Pandemic
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Much Do World Series Tickets Cost in 2020?
- How to Protect Your Portfolio for Any Election Outcome