It’s no secret that 2020 was a year like no other with the onset of the coronavirus, the subsequent worldwide economic shutdown and political volatility.
Despite these headwinds and more, Wall Street saw fresh market highs on all three major indices amid the pandemic.
So what surprised investors most in the year?
Kenny Polcari, managing partner of Kace Capital Partners broke down some of the surprises of the year during TheStreet's special panel discussion: Stock Market 2020: A Sector by Sector Investing Year in Review.
Watch the full panel:
Watch TheStreet’s Most Popular Videos From 2020:
- Coronavirus: The Latest Numbers on the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Tesla Stock: Jim Cramer Explains What Wall Street Still Can't Understand
- Jim Cramer Talks Stimulus Checks, Markets, and His Top Stock Picks
- How Markets Navigated 2020 'Storm:' Winners and Losers
- 5 Coolest Auto Reveals of 2020
- How to Know When a Stock Bottoms Out on Bad News
- Airbnb Lifts IPO Pricing to $60, Looking to Raise $3 Billion
- Jim Cramer Eyeing Similarities to Dot-Com Bubble but Still Buying Opportunities
- Look Out for These Changes to Social Security and Medicare in 2020
- Jim Cramer on Stock Valuations, Danger of Market Orders on IPOs