The coronavirus threat is increasing daily, with the latest tallies putting the death count at over 600 people.
China is doing its best to combat the outbreak, from shutting down some of its cities to building an emergency hospital in 10 days.
In a bid to control the outbreak, billionaires are also taking initiatives from their end.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation pledged up to $100 million to help contain the outbreak.
"Multilateral organizations, national governments, the private sector and philanthropies must work together to slow the pace of the outbreak, help countries protect their most vulnerable citizens and accelerate the development of the tools to bring this epidemic under control," said Gates Foundation CEO Mark Suzman.
Watch the video above to find out which companies or foundations have been working to combat the coronavirus.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Coronavirus Explained: Things You Need to Know
- Uber Shares Rise on Q4 Earnings: One Key Takeaway
- Why Bernie Madoff Wants Early Release From Prison
- Oscars 2020: Everything You Need to Know About This Year's Academy Awards
- 2020 Oscar Nominations: 'Joker' Leads With 11 Nods
- Here's How Stock Prices are Determined
- TheStreet Explains: How to Read an Analyst Note
- Retirement Daily: How to Find a Tax Preparer That’s Right For You
Free Webinar: Expert Advice on Equity Trading by CME Group