What's in your shopping cart?
From introducing 'novelties' such as colored bath towels to a certain parade you might watch on Thanksgiving, it's hard to imagine a holiday season without that omnipresent red star.
How Did Macy's Get Its Start?
1844: The son of a Nantucket shopkeeper, R.H. Macy opened his own needle and thread store in Boston. That shop didn't work out...but Macy persevered.
1858: Macy gave it a go in New York City, opening up what was called a "fancy shop". It opened in the low rent district on 14th and 6th Avenue.
And well, we know that so much more has happened since then. Watch the video for a video history.
Catch up on the Latest Videos on TheStreet!
- Why Dow Fell 1,000 Points And What Analysts Say to Do Now
- Jim Cramer: Look at the Denominator, Not Just the Numerator
- Stressed About the Selloff? How Investors Should Approach Their Portfolios
- How the Coronavirus Is Impacting FAANG Stocks
- What Is Donald Trump’s Net Worth?
- 5 Stocks (And Some Extras) to Add to Your Portfolio
- TheStreet Explains: What is EBITDA and Why Does it Matter?
- Retirement Daily: Don’t Retire With Debt: It’s Bad for Your Well-Being
- Free Webinar: Webinar - Expert Advice on FX/Metals Trading by CME Group